After many years living in New York, I decided to change things up. I started a new career path, which I didn't expect. I left New York, which I actually did expect to happen.
Over the last two plus years, I have lived in New York, Vermont, Texas, and now California. Every move has been to advance my career and to have an adventure. I have driven across the country, through these moves. I am enjoying this amazing adventure. I am enjoying life now and am looking for someone to enjoy the ride with.
A little about me:
- After being dragged to see Pitch Perfect by a friend a couple of years ago, I saw Pitch Perfect 2 on opening weekend, and own the soundtrack to both movies.
- I am a Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Joss Whedon, BSG, Warehouse 13, South Park, and Chuck nerd. I am proud of my nerdom.
- Extra points to any of you who know about "Commentary: The Musical", without having to look it up.
- If you enter into a relationship with me, you will be required to watch South Park episodes, Firely, BSG, Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog, and Dollhouse.
- I work for Uncle Sam, in one of the agencies that handles Immigration. My job allows me to travel and move around, which I really enjoy. When I working out of my home office, my hours are pretty much set, so I am able to enjoy a tremendous work/life balance, which I really enjoy, and try to take advantage of.
- I am a sports fan, but not as crazy, as when I was younger.
- I am a big proponent of the "Oxford Comma", again extra points to those of you who know what that is without looking it up.
- I love being active. A long walk or a hike when it is really beautiful out is one of my favorite things to do.
- I drink socially and after really bad days at the office (one beer, just to relax, a nice ritual).
- I grew up in an Orthodox home, but I have moved more traditional in recent years. I stopped keeping kosher in 2014.
- I don't use pick up lines.
- I am more likely to just say "Hi there!" in my first e-mail. I have learned from experience that if you are actually interested in me, you will respond, if your not interested, there is very little I can say to get a response, so I will put in the effort with people who are interested.
- Age doesn't matter to me, when it comes to dating. I have found that I don't usually get along with people who are still in college, nothing personal, but I am just at a different stage of life. I find that I get along very well with women who are older than me, but find that women who are older than me (at least 5+ years older), are unwilling to date somebody younger...too bad.
- I move very quickly to get to the first date. I find that if you talk too much through e-mail/text/phone calls, creates false expectations for both of us, that is way too hard to match, when you finally meet in person.
- I am very bad at taking selfies and very rarely take pictures, hence the lack of quality pictures that are posted.