I found it very difficult to write about myself in essay form, so I chose to make a list of things you might want to know about me. This list may grow or shrink with time, so check back often. - - - SEVENTEEN THINGS YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW ABOUT ME (OR NOT) – –
1. Pretty much what you see of me, is what you get (including my hair, which is all mine).
2. I may be 58 chronologically, but I feel much, much younger than that.
3. I tend to be rather outspoken in my opinions, but in a good way.
4. I enjoy good conversation on a wide variety of subjects but I can also just sit back and listen to everyone else talk.
5. The phrase “give up” is not part of my vocabulary.
6. I love to give and receive hugs.
7. I express my emotions, especially love, rather freely. COROLLARY: The woman I love can expect frequent PDA's (Public Displays of Affection)
8. I have two major passions in life - music and politics - but I am looking for a third (you, perhaps).
9. I have a Doctor of Musical Arts degree in composition from IU’s Jacobs School of Music.
10. I also have a Masters Degree in Biology from the Technion – Israel Institute of Technology in Haifa.
11. I love to dance: everything from freestyle, to folk, to ballroom. I also enjoy watching others dance.
12. I recently lost 40 lbs and am working on losing 30 more.
13. I love children, and I wouldn't be opposed to having some of my own.
14. I grew up with all sorts of small animals, but now I have just one ornery 13-year-old cat named Rethie (hence my user name).
15. I like dogs (mid-to-large-sized only), but my preference is for cats.
16. It's easy to make me laugh mainly because I enjoy it so much. I also enjoy making other people laugh.
17. Most of the time you will find me in jeans and a t-shirt, but I feel quite comfortable in a suit or tuxedo, and I've been told that I "clean up very well."