The girl I picked to snowball at my Bar Mitzvah didn't work out, so here I am.
I would like to share my favorite Jdate profile clichés...Because it’s fun. Sue me. You can message me and tell me if you agree and then we’ll have something to talk about!
1. “My friends and family mean the world to me.” – Little Orphan Annie must of felt like crap when she grew up and filled out a Match.com profile.
2. “I went to Indiana University.” – Although I did not go to Indiana University, apparently I was missing out, because 95% of you did and you are a proud, proud bunch. I am not trying to offend anybody. It’s a fine institution, even without Bobby Knight.
3. “I love NPR.” - Apparently it is impossible to just like NPR, you must love it and wear that love like a liberal badge of honor. Well good news, I love it too!
4. “Sometimes I like going out and sometimes I like to just stay in.” – Actually, I was selected to be a participant in the next Biosphere project and I’m looking for someone who wants to stay in for the next three years. Don’t worry, there’s an awesome bar there called “John BioCorn’s.”
5. “I like all types of music, except country.” – Johnny Cash is country. He dressed dark, but sang a good tune. Give Johnny a chance.
Here is a bit about me:
I have a TV, but I don’t know how to turn it on. I’ve lived in Chicago my whole life (other than 3.5 years in Wisconsin). I have a master’s degree too, but like my TV, I don’t really use it! I’m interested in handicapping baseball games, but other than that I don’t like sports at all. I guess that’s weird because I have tons of civic pride and I’m a guy. If I could go any place in the world it would be Greece or the Yukon. And, I take a Chuck Berry approach to classical music.
Here are some things I like: The Decemberists, winter, pop (I know it’s unhealthy), monarch butterflies, George Harrison, wolves, sandals, peanut butter cups, bowling, juicers, astro-physics and Woody Allen. If you want to talk about how much/little we have in common, drop me a line.