My name is Jen, and I am so close to completing my degree in a field that has never felt more perfect for me, Social Work. I love the idea that there are so many different ways to help and support others, when people need support in so many different ways. Those who know me best consider my instinct of helping others ironic, when I have so much trouble asking for help myself...
1. Artistic - Writing, Drawing, Painting, Singing, Photography
2. Stubborn - You kind of have to be if you're in a wheelchair and you like to mountain climb, or plan large scale events that you want media coverage for, or to get your second degree black belt in Shotokan Karate when people think the wheelchair is a permanent barrier... Poor guys...
3. Hilarious - Or, at least I can make kids laugh at the drop of a hat, and I even have an adult joke that does the trick every once in a while ;)
4. Impatient - Ya, I can't spin this into something positive, yet... But I'll bet you can!
5. I'm pretty open about my life to a fault, sort of comes with my never-ending sense of honesty. If you want the truth, you better be able to handle it.
6. I'm loyal to no end. Whether it's a friendship, or a romantic partnership, if I feel like I have something good going, I'll protect it, support it, and be grateful every day for it. (Too much?) Oh well, it's the truth!
7. Resourceful - Well, I've had a lot of practice making every opportunity accessible to me, despite insignificant little details like, wheelchairs.