I'm going to eschew the standard, awkward essay in favor of an honest list of good and bad (you decide), in no particular order:
- I'm a big fan of getting out and doing things like going to museums, movies, dinner, concerts, and art shows. If you are a planner, I'm definitely a do'er, as long as you are willing to fly by the seat of your pants every once in a while.
- I love going out to eat, especially someplace where I can be a little adventurous. If you know of someplace new and interesting, I am down for checking it out.
- I like cooking, breakfast is my specialty, so hopefully you like eating. I think it's because I've gone out to eat so much that I've finally come back to wanting to make food. It also might be due to Gordon Ramsey, but that's a conversation for later.
- I'm not afraid of the suburbs. I love the city, no doubt about it, but the suburbs do not scare me.
- I'm handy with tools, and I even have my own. I also like making things about as much as I like taking them apart, so if you like to make things too (maybe even together) then that would be cool.
- I don't have a degree, though I did go to college. I was lucky enough to start my career in a field, and at a time, where it wasn't necessary, and in fact gained cred at one point for not having one. Regardless, I still like learning new things and every summer I try to pick a project where I do something I've never done before. I also kinda wish I had finished school.
- I'm not the neatest of people. I'm not incorrigible, mind you, but it is part of my charm. Part of the problem is that I tend to collect things, so I have a lot of stuff.
- I love kids and I would like to have my own one day. I think I would make a great dad as I had a great role model.
- I'm not afraid of meeting someone online, but if someone asks don't be surprised if I say we met "through a friend". My preference would be to tell people about the date when I realized you were totally the one I wanted to spend my life with.
- I'm not perfect, and I don't expect you to be either. What fun would that be?
- I like animals, especially furry ones, but right now all I have are fish. They don't greet you at the door, but they are a little easier to deal with if you take off for a few days.
- I like going to rock shows. There was a brief moment where I thought I was getting too old for standing around watching bands, but it passed and I continued to rock out.
- I have a motorcycle, so hopefully you aren't afraid of them. If you happen to be one of those people who loves the wind whipping through your hair, well you might just be in luck.
There you have it, an honest glimpse into who I am. There is much more to me, but we will just have to meet and get to know each other!