JDate’s Kibitz Corner recently asked the question: What’s the best piece of advice someone has ever given you?
The majority of JDate members said the best piece of advice they’d ever received came from their parents and grandparents.
Here are our top 10 advice snippets including the serious, funny and outlandish!
1. Work to live, not the other way around.
JDateSara, 26, Single, Woman seeking a Man, West Hollywood, CA
2. Eat your vegetables.
JerrseyGirl, 59, Divorced, Woman seeking a Man, Saint Louis, MO
3. 5% of the people you know cause 95% of your problems
ChicagoDr…, 23, Single, Man seeking a Woman, Woodland Hills, CA
4. Buy shares in Pan Am, book a ski trip to Yugoslavia, bet on that zebra in the Grand National and make war not love.
LordSover…, 42, Single, Man seeking a Woman, London, United Kingdom
5. Between…You don’t need to be a billionaire to be happy but a few million sure wouldn’t hurt! Girls are like busses, miss one, ten more are coming.
MarcJTG, 20, Single, Man seeking a Woman, Roslyn, NY
6. To quote my grandpa, “You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can’t pick your friend’s nose.”
timg, 20, Single, Woman seeking a Man, Melbourne, Australia
7. Engage the brain before opening my mouth to say something that may offend someone.
petite, 43, Single, Woman seeking a Man, Oakland Gardens, NY
8. Life is not a “dress rehearsal;” you only get one chance so do what makes you happy without hurting anyone else.
Alwaysgiving, 52, Single, Woman seeking a Man, Aurora, CO
9. Never go to bed angry. If you are going to fight, fight in the nude, and it’s ok to fight, ok to argue, and ok to have the last words as long as they are yes dear.”
DivorcedD…, 30, Divorced, Man seeking a Woman, Westlake Village, CA
10. Before judging someone, walk a mile in their shoes. This way, when you’re judging them, you’re a mile away from them and you have their shoes.
DocBluth, 28, Single, Man seeking a Woman, New York, NY