Instant Messaging can be a very popular way of meeting people on JDate. It is fast, convenient and allows the conversation to progress to an extremely high level in 45 minutes or less; it might otherwise take a week or more if emails were being exchanged. However, sometimes we talk through Instant Messaging and find ourselves wondering, “Is this person is truly interested in me?” While there is no way to know for sure, there are some huge signs that the person you are talking to is, in fact, highly interested. The following are just a few of the many signs you might receive.
- The responses are coming at a quick and rapid pace
- You are being asked a ton of questions; the more personal, the better.
- You are asked your name after talking for a little while. People do not ask for names unless they are truly pondering getting to know you at a future date.
- You notice in the I.M. box that he or she has been re-wording what to say over and over. (There is an icon that notifies of this in the corner of the I.M. box)
- You find the other person continues to lead the conversation in new directions and has taken control.
These are just a few of the many subtle signals that show the person you are trying to date is highly interested in you. If you are receiving most of these signals on a daily basis then you should stand proud because you are clearly doing something correctly! If you are not, then you may want to brush up on your online dating skills a little bit. We all need to practice to reach perfection. Good luck!