Today Tamar is giving a few profile tips for JDater Shari:
I really love everything you wrote in your profile. It flows well, you didn’t over-share, there were no typos, and it read as a very complete profile in a very attractive way. Bravo to you!
Your pictures are another story. You don’t need 12 photos and it is really easy for me to eliminate and reorder, but I want to teach you why. I’ve made a few notes for each of your photos in the following list; the number in parenthesis is how I would order them.
1. MAIN PROFILE PHOTO
Between 2 people, in red blouse, nice photo! (2)
2. Super close-up, TOO close-up! DELETE
3. Headshot, red top, great makeup! MAKE PROFILE PHOTO! (1)
4. On a boat, in sweats and sunglasses, not necessary — DELETE
5. Selfie in full length mirror — DELETE, no selfies!
6. In a tank top, cuddling a doggie, super cute! (3)
7. Selfie in bathroom mirror — DELETE, no selfies!
8. With your cousin, cute — COULD KEEP OR DELETE (6)
9. Black dress with bridge behind — COULD KEEP OR DELETE (5)
10. Green top with unidentified person — COULD KEEP OR DELETE, BUT YOU NEED A CAPTION (7)
11. Black outfit on TV show set, cool pic! (4)
12. Repeat of #1 — DELETE
I don’t know if 8, 9, OR 10 are keepers because your hair looks different than the first few pics. It’s also different in 11, but it’s not a close-up so it’s not as obvious. If your hair is super curly but you wear it straight sometimes, then you may want to caption photo 9 (which is becoming #5) and say “I’ve actually got super cute ringlets and love the versatility of wearing my hair au natural or straight.” Jewish girls get ribbed a lot for their stereotypical curly hair so it’s cute to just be open about the fact that your hair is not always going to be straight and own it!
To learn more about choosing the right photos for your JDate profile, check out www.HowToWooAJew.com.