A great blog about “15 Ways We Can Put an End to the Dishonest Dating Culture We’ve Created” echoes many of the same dating philosophies I put forth in the past few years while writing for JDate and in my book, “How to Woo a Jew: The Modern Jewish Guide to Dating and Mating.” The author of the blog laments about how many missed opportunities there are due to going in circles while playing the dating game. She has a challenge for all singles out there: stop playing games by following the 5 tips below.
- Go out on dates and have fun
- Let the person you like know that you like them, and if they don’t like you back, then you’ve now saved yourself lots of time and energy
- Don’t settle or change what you want in order to fit someone else’s needs
- Don’t be afraid to get hurt, or use past relationships to stop you from making a commitment to a new relationship
- Respect yourself and those you’re on a date with whether you want to go out on another date or not, it’s the golden rule: treat others as you want to be treated. That said, if you don’t like someone then don’t lead them on.