HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014!
As part of every New Year’s celebration, we make resolutions regarding how to be a better person and what goals we hope to achieve in the coming year. If you’re Jewish and single, add JDate to that list. Make a resolution to be a more active JDater this year by taking the following steps:
- Get some fresh photos taken
- Create a more exciting profile name
- Rewrite and complete your profile answers
- Either expand your narrow search preferences or tighten up your broad preferences
- Answer the emails of prospects who are on your borderline list
- Send emails to new prospects who didn’t necessarily catch your eye before
- Be more confident in your emails and turn virtual correspondences into dates
Make your chances of 2014 being the year you meet your Beshert even better by being a better person… with a better JDate profile!
under Online Dating
I was with a friend the other day and I told her one of my goals for 2014 was to take dating more seriously. My game plan for next year is to make dating a more prime focus in my life and to stop flirting with the excuse of, “I don’t have time” or “There’s no one out there for me.”
- Do: Set a goal to meet new people in 2014. That alone will spice up your dating life. Whether it’s to join an online dating site or just say yes to more social invitations, mentally prepare yourself and your heart to accept the prospect of love when it knocks at your door.
- Don’t: Bring your negative attitude toward dating into 2014. Leave the awkward stories, the bad dates, and the people who broke your heart in 2013. There’s no need to weave them in to the brand new year starting January 1st, 2014.
Read more Jen Glantz here or follow her on Twitter.
Shana Tova to the dating MOTs!!!
Start the Jewish New Year off by revamping your JDate profile, paying for a membership if you’ve been relying on the free one, and contacting that perfect match (with the cute profile pic) who you’ve been playing “View My Profile” with for the past few weeks.
If you are frustrated with still being single this high holiday season, but you’re not being totally proactive, then you have no one to blame but yourself. Use this religious fresh start to jump-start your dating life.
Take new photos, rework your profile Q&A’s by using my tips from the past few weeks, ask your JMom for a six month membership…or just hit your wallet up (you’ll thank me later for the sound investment), and email that hot guy or gal you’ve been peeping.
Then enjoy: http://www.buzzfeed.com/danoshinsky/rosh-hashanah-the-q-and-a
2013 is knocking down the door. This year flew by quickly, but now it’s time to forget how we didn’t uphold last year’s resolutions and try to think of new ones. Everyone has “make more money” and “lose weight” on their list, but what about something more personal. What about adding something about your dating life? Not that you want to meet your Beshert, of course you want to find your soulmate everyone does!, but put something about what you want to work on in order to be a better partner. Whether it’s starting therapy or self examination, try to find ways in which to better yourself. By concentrating on “New Year, New You” in an honest way then you will eventually (hopefully in 2013) meet your Beshert.
under Date Night
It’s not too early to begin making dating resolutions for 2012… resolutions you’re guaranteed to keep. So let’s begin, shall we?
1) Stop having dates that are absolutely perfect.
2) Make more of an effort to sweat the small stuff.
3) Work less at understanding your date’s differences of opinion.
4) Savor the art of not listening.
5) Try harder to hold grudges.
6) Don’t move out of your comfort zone.
7) Come with a lot more baggage.
8) Savor the greener grass of your friends’ relationships.
9) Look at your significant other’s heart as half empty vs. half full
10) Always try to have the last word.
There, that wasn’t so hard, was it? And my last New Year’s wish to you… May you fall off the wagon on numbers one through ten.
under Online Dating
In one of my last online dating blogs we discussed a few New Year’s Resolutions to help us with our online dating lives. Some of the potential New Year’s resolutions that I suggested were to:
- Add new photos to your photo album and update your gallery
- Perfect your profile
- Work on humor
- Improve your mental and physical health
When you are looking to meet the perfect Jewish guy to take home to mom, or simply meeting women online to find a casual date, this New Year’s resolutions may help a lot. This week I will be adding a few more things that you can throw on to your list.
Understanding the mind of the opposite sex – The male and female brain is wired completely differently. This is where many fail in relationships because they just can’t understand that the two sexes don’t think the same. Take the time this year to understand the mind of the opposite sex and learn its intricacies.
Try new dating ideas - People that have been dating for a while are used to being taken on the same boring dates over and over. If you have been online dating for a while, odds are you have fallen into similar habits. Keep things exciting for both you and your date!
Practice, Practice, Practice – Online dating was a skill that took me years to learn and perfect before I was able to pull off a successful date with ease any time I wanted to. If you want to improve your dating life you simply have to work at it as much as possible and treat it just as seriously as you would anything else in life.
Add these three things to your list and continue to work on improving your love life for 2011. Have fun!