I’ve been getting a lot of people complaining about not getting any views, and to that I answer: there’s just no way that’s happening if you’re using JDate correctly.
- First, check your settings and make sure your profile is visible. It’s up to you to decide if you want to be visible to non-members, but I suggest you do so.
- Next, complete your profile. If you have photos, but nothing written, or vice-versa (not having photos is always a detriment with online dating, but bad photos could be even worse!), then take the time to finish up your profile.
- Expand your preferences if they are too narrow. If you live in a small town in the middle of nowhere, then your range should be set to a much broader mileage radius then if you live in a major city. Someone who lives in New York City may want to stick to Manhattan for quite some time before extending their range to the other boroughs, then neighboring states.
- Are you going on JDate enough? Potential prospects look to see when you’re online. If you haven’t logged in since last week then you’re not active enough. You don’t need to have multiple IM conservations going on simultaneously at all hours of the night, but you should show that you are active by logging on daily.
- Are you sending the right signals? Are you viewing the people who have viewed you? Are you using Flirts and Favorites and Secret Admirer? Have you sent an easy-breezy email? If the answer is “no” to any of these questions then you have some work to do.
If you’re still not getting the results you want, then feel free to email me your profile name and I’ll be happy to review your profile to see if there’s anything glaringly wrong that could be turning off potential suitors.
under Date Night
After a good friend of mine moved to NYC, she got an apartment, a job, a roommate, and then her next logical step was to join JDate. And though she’s been on the site before (in other states), she was determined to put together a new profile this time that would launch her into this grand city and it’s chaotic dating scene.
Here’s a few things to know when you are first joining the site.
- Do: Spend time putting together your profile. Pick out 3-4 good photos of yourself (click here for JDate’s tips on selecting great profile pics), and then write at least one paragraph for your “About Me” essay question and a few others like the “I’m Looking For…” and “Things I could Never Live Without” questions. If you’re having trouble putting this together, ask for help from your friends. They already know how others perceive you and can help add some color to your profile.
- Don’t: Rush it. Don’t throw up an unedited bio and a single photo of yourself. Don’t sit there and wait for people to message you or view your profile. If you’re serious about meeting new people, then it’s time to take action!
Read more from Jen at www.thethingsilearnedfrom.com
How do you answer JDate’s questions without sounding repetitive, cheesy, fake or boring? Let me help you craft personal and enticing answers to both the basic and intimate questions.
- “My Favorite Books, Movies, TV Shows, Music and Food”
Only answer the categories to which you feel passionately about. If you love all kinds of music, but have a few absolute-favorite, can’t-miss TV shows, then skip music and make a list of your boob-tube faves. These answers can be listed in bullet point format:
- New Girl – This show makes me laugh out loud every time!
- Breaking Bad – I never miss an episode. I’m seriously addicted!
- So You Think You Can Dance – Now you know one of my dirty little secrets! Haha.
If you answered food in another question, such as “For Fun I Like To,” then you can skip that bullet point. If you don’t have one favorite movie, but watch every Matt Damon flick, or you don’t have one favorite book, but read everything Tom Clancy writes, then include that!