Buzzfeed.com posted the top “24 Things Single People Are Tired of Hearing” last month and, for the most part, it was spot on! Not only are you probably hearing many of these phrases on a weekly, if not daily, basis… but you may also be guilty of saying them as well. When you hear one of these lines spewing from an innocent, yet annoying person, take a deep breath, smile and say, “thank you.” And then make sure you eliminate these lines from your brain as well.
Some of my favorites:
- “How are you still single? You’re so great!”
- “It’ll happen when you least expect it.”
- “Just relax and it will happen.” (Or “Stop thinking about it and it will happen.” Ugh!)
- “Don’t worry, you’ll find someone eventually.”
- “You’re just too picky.”
- “You have to love yourself before you can love someone else.”