7 Dating Tips to Get Lucky in Love by Valentine’s Day
Oh, the anticipation and pressure of February. It’s both the most romantic month of the year and the shortest month on the calendar.
It can be a very exciting time for those in new relationships who are feeling lucky in love. But for those of us who are single, we may have started feeling the anxiety about the big Hallmark day back in January.
Read my tips for online daters to cheer up your spirits and make February a month to remember for both lovers and those in waiting.
1. Reactivate and Refresh. Did you let your online dating membership lapse at the end of the year? If so, reactivate your profile. After the first of the year, a whole new dating pool of singles emerged online. Some are first-timers to JDate®. If you are already online, refresh your profile with a new catchy screen name and photo. You’ll be surprised who may find and like the new “you.”
2. Be Proactive. If you have always been pursued instead of being the pursuer, jump out of your comfort zone and initiate an email introduction to at least five singles whose profiles you have viewed. Take a look at who has hot-listed or viewed your profile and send them an email. Remember to make it personal. Canned introductions get deleted more often than not. Chances are, they’ll be flattered to hear from you. Double up on the number of introductory emails that you sent last month and respond to twice as many. Singles are more open to connecting just before Valentine’s Day.
3. Reach Out and Reconnect. Did you get too busy last year and miss out on meeting someone you started to communicate with online? Take a look in your Inbox and find those emails you found interesting, but never took the time to meet or connect. Reach out and send an email. If their profile is still online, assume they haven’t met “the one” yet. It may be time for a new beginning for both of you.
4. Wear Red. It’s no secret that red is the color of love. If you are female, wear a red outfit on your dates in February and don’t forget the lipstick. If you are male, find the red tie in your closet to make a lasting impression.
5. Accept Every Invitation. Pay close attention to your Inbox and those you received via snail mail and accept as many social invitations as you can. Even if you don’t meet Mr./Ms. Right, you may end up sitting next to someone who has a friend to introduce you to. Check out the February HurryDate® events and find a speed dating event and RSVP. Singles who attend these fun events early in the month are hoping to find a date to be their Valentine.
6. When in Doubt, Eat Chocolate. Find your favorite chocolatier and select a truffle or two. Dark chocolate is filled with antioxidants that are known to be healthy for you (in moderation). You may even walk out of the chocolate shop with a smile on your face and bump into your dream date. If you are dating someone you met online, pick up a simple box of chocolates for Valentine’s Day. Don’t go overboard. A card and some chocolate will make a wonderful impression on someone you recently met.
7. Finally, Cast a Wide Net. Even if their profile photo isn’t what you dreamed of, be open to the possibilities. You may make a new friend in the process or even find someone who is willing to lend a hand in a business venture you are starting.
Julie Spira is a dating expert and the bestselling author of The Perils of Cyber-Dating: Confessions of a Hopeful Romantic Looking for Love Online. Visit her at CyberDatingExpert.com where you can share your online dating stories and receive dating advice.Email this post