Home » For JDaters by JDaters

JDate’s Rabbi of the Month – Rabbi Jon Haddon of Temple Beth David in Amenia, New York

Submitted by JDater® Robert Friedman

I have known Rabbi Jon Haddon for about 30 years and was active in his congregation Shearith Israel in the early 1990′s. We are still very good friends. When I was in the process of divorce, he was very supportive and even gave me good insights into what the singles world would be like. At that time, he was also single. He is now very happily married and has been for some time.

He has always been a great resource for me when I needed advice about my activities in the singles world. In some measure, because of his insights, I have had successful relationships and a much happier and productive life.

Jon has a facility of being able to look at a situation and place it in the proper prospective. He has been instrumental in advising numerous couples who were planning matrimony and estimates that he has performed at least 26 weddings for people whom have met on JDate since his ordainment.

More on Rabbi Jon Haddon

Rabbi Jon Haddon was ordained in 1980 at the New York campus of Hebrew Union College, Jewish Institute of Religion, and invested as a Cantor since 1972.  Rabbi Haddon currently serves Temple Beth David in Amenia, New York and is Rabbi Emeritus of Temple Shearith Israel where he served for more than 21 years. In addition to his rabbinic duties, Rabbi Haddon sits on seven different charity boards in Danbury and Ridgefield, CT and is a Police Chaplain for the Ridgefield Police.

Inscription at the bottom of his Doctor of Divinity Degree

“A devoted rabbi, who as spiritual leader of Temple Shearith Israel, Ridgefield, Connecticut for nearly two decades, serves his congregation and community with unstinting zeal, who, as a Rabbi and Cantor, adds a special dimension to this rabbinate, who is a strong voice in his community for interfaith understanding, working tirelessly to promote bridges of understanding between Jews and Christians, whose active membership in the Danbury and Ridgefield Jewish and secular societies has earned for him positions of prominence, and who, as the first full-time Director of the School of Sacred Music, shows his dedication to his alma mater.”

Read more about our Rabbi of the Month on the Temple Beth David website.

To nominate your rabbi for JDate’s next Rabbi of the Month, please go to www.jdate.com/myrabbi

• Jackie Harris Stone says:

Keep up the wonderful work that you are doing,Rabbi Jon:)

• Jackie Harris Stone says:

Jon Haddon;
    I just joined J date and you popped up-toooooooooooo much.
    Hope all is well
    Love ya,Rabbi
    Jackie:)
    Saw your brother at Helen Metnick’s funeral in June.

• Went to high school with Jon and he was a wonderful guy then with a huge talent. so nice to hear how much he has impacted people’s lives. Congratulations Jon!

L&L,
    Karen

• Ron Levinsky says:

They don’t come any better than Rabbi Jon Haddon. He and his wife Jean invited me and
    my family to Thanksgiving dinner shortly after meeting them at Temple Shearith Israel. He officiated at my son’s Bar Mitzvah and my wife’s B’nai Mitzvah. Beth David Synagogue is truly blessed to have this giant of the rabbinical world leading their congregation. It is no coincidence that there is an “amen” in Amenia. We miss him like crazy.

Mazel Tov,

Ron Levinsky

• Danny Coval says:

I remember Jon from years ago–wonderful guy–say “hello”.

• jo roberts says:

We love Rabbi Haddon! He was our Rabbi @Temple Shearith Israel and Bat Mitzvah’d both my daughters. He is the best and we miss him!!!

• Toby says:

I worship at Rabbi Haddon’s synagogue in NY and find him to be truly deserving of special recognition. It is no surprise that he has been a major part of so many happy unions.

• Carole says:

I have very fond memories of Rabbi Hadon officiating at my grand-daughter’s baby naming. He conducted a lovely service, as well as, and deftly managed to let my former husband’s new spouse know that marrying a grandfather does not make her a grandmother! The memory still makes me smile!

• Sam Bateman says:

Rabbi Haddon has connected many people in marriage. I think that connecting people through ceremony is really great.

+ 5 = 13

• What is your top resolution for 2015?