Covered in Chocolate
My Favorite Obsession
The average American consumes over 20 pounds of chocolate annually. Chocolate is a psychoactive food that contains a virtual apothecary of feel-good chemicals with life extending and aphrodisiac effects.
Long touted for its affect on stamina and arousal, the Italian libertine Casanova ate chocolate before bedding his conquests. While the jury is still out on the possibility of chocolate being a sexual enhancer-we do know that chocolate tastes great. Just the mention of warm, luscious chocolate lights a fire in most chocolate lover’s hearts.
Chocolate Truffle Cake
The soft warm center of this cake is as decadent and luscious as it is easy to prepare. This is a great do-ahead dessert. The cake can be assembled and kept un-baked in your refrigerator or freezer and then at the magic moment, popped into the oven and enjoyed.
11 ounces unsalted butter
10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
4. 5 ounces confectioners’ sugar
3 egg yolks
3 whole eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
6 ounces cake flour
8 4 ounce ramekins, buttered generously
1. Melt butter and chocolate.
2. In a separate bowl whisk the egg yolks, whole eggs and vanilla over a hot water bath until the eggs are just warm.
3. Add the warm eggs to the melted chocolate and whisk until combined
4. Add the confectioner’s sugar and mix thoroughly.
5. Add the flour at once and mix until just combined-Do not over mix or the cake will be tough.
6. Divide the batter between the buttered cups and cover each cup with parchment or plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Before serving-preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Bake the cups on a cookie sheet for 8 minutes from the refrigerator or 12 minutes from the freezer until the cake appears done except for the center which should remain slightly “undercooked.”
Remove the cakes from the oven and allow to stand for 2 minutes. Invert the cake onto a plate and garnish with whipped cream, fresh fruit or fruit puree.
DIY-CHOCOLATE BUBBLE BATH
This is a chocolate recipe that won’t go to your thighs. This is one you can really enjoy! Chocolate and milk are both skin softening. This decadent bubble bath will leave your skin velvety soft.
1 cup of unscented bubble bath
1/2 cup of dried milk powder
3 ounces powdered unsweetened chocolate
Mix the powdered milk and chocolate well, until blended. Stir into bubble bath until well mixed. Add to your bath in the amount desired. Relax and enjoy the fragrance of chocolate without worrying your waistline!