Home » Success Stories

Lori and Ken: “…we found each other on JDate.”

As an English teacher, I ruled out a lot of potential suitors based on their writing. It may not be a fair way to judge a person, but it is my personal pet peeve.  I was immediately impressed with Kenny’s writing as we began an email conversation.

One day, Kenny asked me where I teach, and I answered in Queens.  He said he knew someone that was an Assistant Principal in Queens, and I laughed reading his message, thinking that he didn’t understand the number of schools there are in the most populated borough in New York City.  When he asked me if I knew a woman named Nancy that was soon to be married, I was in disbelief. Nancy was not only my Assistant Principal, but also a friend of mine for over ten years.  Kenny was a friend of Nancy’s fiancé, Lou, and we both immediately called our respective friends for reference checks.  Nancy told me she had thought about Kenny for me, but one of us was always in a relationship at the time that the other was single.  Finally, we were both single at the same time, but we found each other on JDate before our friends got to introduce us.  Like other JDate Success Stories, we should have been able to meet without JDate, but needed to make the connection in our own way.

As we were both invited to Nancy and Lou’s wedding, we decided to go together.  We dated a few times before, and went to the wedding together a month after we met. It felt as if we’d known each other for years and, at the same time, had that magic of a new relationship. We knew we had something special.  We were both divorced, and realized it would be tricky to juggle our separate families, careers and lifestyles. We learned how to work through difficulties as we dated for the next three years, and are still learning. But we also knew that the relationship we had was strong enough to make it work. We got married in July, and feel blessed to have found each other.

Lori and Ken
Merrick, New York

Found love on JDate? Tell us about it!

• Lydia says:

Mazel Tov Lori & Ken, it is difficult to find love again. Your story is not only inspirational but motivational. Persistance is the key! Many years of happiness, congratulations.

• Lilyan says:

Congratulations to everybody who found their soulmate on JDate. That is a wonderful blessing when that happens. So Mazel Tov to you all who have found happiness on this site.

• Alan says:

To Lori & Ken, Mazal Tov as it was clearly meant to be.

To Nina, angry women like you are the bane of JDate. The only remarkable thing about you is that we have not dated; thank G-d.

Thanks Lori and ken for a wonderful story and for outing Nina, watch out for her all my JDate brothers.

Happy new year to all.

• Sally says:

THERE ARE 2 NAMES FLYING AROUND HERE, IN REFERENCE TO THE GROOM.

TOM AND KEN.

LORI AND HER GROOM SIGNED OFF AS LORI AND KEN.

WHERE DID UNCLE TOM COME FROM????

MANY BLESSED YEARS TOGETHER

• Naomi says:

I am so happy for you both! Your match is “inspirational”!!

• Beverly says:

CONGRATS LORI AND UNCLE TOM

• Leah says:

To Lori and Ken…I am thrilled for you, and wish you both every possible happiness.

I have just had my first date with someone from this site, and it looks good! Thanks for telling everyone your story; it is truly inspirational.

G-d bless you!

• Beth Rose says:

Nina
    What is your problem?
    Does it take so much effort on your part to wish Lori and Tom good wishes?

• Beth Rose says:

Mazel Tov!!!!Much joy to you both!!!!!
    Beth Rose

• Dalia says:

To Nina,
    How sad that you had to write such a pathetic note to the lovely newlyweds, Lori & Tom to whom I wish a hearty Mazel Tov……perhaps you would find someone if your attitude was a little more pleasant.
    Never-the-less I hope you find happiness.
    Dalia

• Lori Mayo says:

Nina- Kenny is actually ten months younger than I am, so I guess I do look good!
    Lori

• nina says:

dear lori…….I’m happy for you that you found love on jdate.
    as an older woman it is difficult for me to look at a woman who looks

a lot younger then the man you married ken. You may not be that much

younger and just look young. In the photo that I see he looks old

enough to be you father.

I do resent when much younger women go after or agree to date much

older men.

6 + 1 =

Our story began on JDate…

What’s better than meeting your soul mate on JDate? Being part of a national ad campaign for the site that brought you two together! Check out the beautiful faces of real JDate Success Story couples (although they look like professional models!) appearing now in our national television commercial campaign: Our Story Began on JDate. Mazel tov JDate Alumni – you guys are famous!

• How far would you drive for a first date?