Racheli and Zvi: “I was on JDate for just 48 hours when I received an email from Zvi…”
Zvi and I “met” each other on JDate 14 months ago. I was on JDate for just 48 hours when I received an email from Zvi with the opening statement of, “WOW.” He was referring to my knowledge of five languages which surprisingly did not include Hebrew. I was on my way to the airport to catch an afternoon plane to Brussels where I work for the EU, and we started communicating.
We wrote to each other about our personal lives, our professions, our children, our sorrows, our happiness and our dreams. It was during this week that most of our bonding occurred through sharing stories, songs and poems online.
One week later we met and shared our first date at a fish restaurant on the Herzliya coast in Israel. Two days later I drove up north with my three daughters, and told my parents that I met the man whom I will marry. Zvi said similar things to his three kids. We then started a long process of preparing ourselves and our kids for the moment of our eternal unification. It took several months to tackle all the issues we suddenly had to deal with, such as housing, legal and financial issues. We sought help from a family counselor, from rabbis and from our loving parents. Everyone gave us their best input, but everyone also left most of the hard core issues for us to resolve on our own.
After a long journey, we made it! We were married in June on a beautiful yacht near the Greek Island of Kithira. A lovely group of friends from Israel, the UK and the US all joined together for this Kosher cruise of the Greek Islands. Since it is said that “a picture is worth a thousand words,” please enjoy our YouTube videos for a glimpse of our special day! As one of our cruise friends said, “Our marriage will be as solid as the rock that protrudes from the Aegean Sea next to the Island of Kithira.”
Here are the factors we believe are needed for success:
- Communicate before meeting in person to ensure you get to know each other before the physical factors can overwhelm the emotional and intellectual factors.
- Trust that there is a partner out there who is just what you always wanted.
- Focus on the essence. There is no perfect man or woman, but there is a man or woman who is perfect for you.
- Romance has not passed; enjoy a bouquet of red roses as a sign of love.
- Follow your heart and your soul. They know the way sometimes better than your brain.
Racheli and Zvi
Email this post