Welcome to the JDate Frequently Asked Questions center. Please browse the below topics for an answer to your question, or check out the top 10 most common questions below. You can also watch our Video Tutorials for more instructional tips about using JDate.
Browse by category:
Read our most frequently asked questions:
Sometimes it feels safer to be incognito when you’re searching and looking at other JDater’s profiles. Turning this on makes it so that others will not know you’ve looked at their profile until you actually contact them. Please note that this does not make your profile invisible, as members can see you if they look at their past searches, Match emails, or if they perform a keyword or photo gallery search. This ensures that a potential beshert can still find you!
To show or hide the appearance of your profile in certain sections of the site, visit the Profile Display Settings page, or follow these steps:
1. Click on your Profile thumbnail in the top right of any page
2. Click on the Account Settings link
3. Click on the Profile Display Settings link
4. Find the “Show/Hide When You View Members” option and select “Hide”
Watch our Video Tutorials for more tips about profile visibility on JDate.
Is water wet? Absolutely! JDate is responsible for more Jewish marriages than all other online dating sites combined! Want proof? Visit our Success Stories page on JLife and read the inspiring tales of true JDate love!
Want to JDate everywhere? Our convenient JDate mobile app is available to download for free for both iOS and Android and offers everything you have come to expect from JDate. On the app you can Explore members nearby, play “Secret Admirer”, edit your Profile, upload, look at your Matches, add Members to your “Favorites”, see Members Online, and see who has viewed your profile. Additionally, a paid subscriber will still be able to send and receive messages to other paid subscribers. You can search, browse and chat via Instant Messaging anytime, anywhere. “Favorite” your top picks in minutes!
If you are unable to upload your photos directly to JDate, you can send them to our Customer Service team by regular mail or email and we will upload them for you.
Be sure to include your member ID, username, and registered email address with your photos. If you would like your mailed photos returned to you, please include a self-addressed and stamped envelope.
The mailing address is:
c/o Spark Networks
PO Box 540
Lehi, Utah 84043
The email address for uploading photos is:
If you have questions, please call our Customer Service team at 1-877-453-3861.
We would hate to see you go and please recognize that if your subscription lapses you’ll lose access to a lot of what JDate has to offer. But if you’d like to turn off the auto-renewal feature on your subscription, here’s how to do it:
1. Click the Membership Management link in the dropdown menu of your Profile thumbnail at the top right on any page
2. Click the Cancel Subscription link
3. Follow the prompts to complete cancellation and end auto-renewal
Note: You will still have access to all subscriber privileges through the remainder of your subscription term.
To add or remove a photo from your profile, visit the Edit Photos page by clicking the link on your Profile thumbnail in the top right corner of any page.
To add a photo:
1. Click the + sign in any empty photo slot
2. Select “Upload from computer” and browse through your files until you find the photo you want to upload
3. Select the photo and click “Open” to upload your photo
4. Your new photo will be pending until JDate approves it
5. Once JDate approves your photo, the photo will appear in your profile
6. Add a caption or change the order of your photos by dragging and moving them
If you want to remove a photo:
1. Scroll over the photo
2. Click on the trash icon in the top right corner
Watch our Video Tutorials for more tips about uploading photos to JDate.
• The early bird gets the worm… or the match. The faster you complete your profile, the faster you’ll be noticed by other JDate members. But that doesn’t mean you should be hasty. Think about your answers, so that you’re providing the best and most genuine “self-portrait.”
• From our experience, we’ve seen that members who complete their profiles quickly and thoroughly are more successful in their online dating journey.
• And don’t forget your photos. Profiles with photos, especially multiple photos, are 10x’s more likely to attract eyes… and matches!
Watch our Video Tutorials for more tips about updating your profile on JDate.
If you would like to change the frequency of JDate notifications, follow these steps:
1. Click on your Profile thumbnail in the top right corner of any page
2. Click the link to your Account Settings
3. Click the link to Message Settings
4. After you adjust your selections, click on “Save Changes”
At JDate, your safety and security is our concern! We want you to feel completely confident during your Jewish dating journey, so please see our online safety tips page to make sure you’re armed with the best advice. Here are our top tips:
1. Avoid sending any personal information to members, including passwords, personal email addresses or your physical address.
2. Never send money, regardless of how nicely someone asks. If someone does ask you for money, please contact our Customer Service team immediately at 1-877-453-3861.
3. The same goes for any suspicious activity or scams. Don’t hesitate to report odd behavior to our Customer Service team at 1-877-453-3861.
4. Make sure you’re aware of long distance charges before you communicate by phone.
5. Trust your instincts! If you haven’t met your match in person after a month of online communication, he/she may be a “fake” and it’s time to redirect your attention.
6. Your first offline date should be in a public place. Arrange your own transportation and let your friends and/or family know your plans.
AllAccess is a premium subscription feature that allows you to communicate with any member on JDate, regardless of their subscription status. Without AllAccess you are only allowed to communicate directly with other subscribers, but with AllAccess you can send messages and chat via instant messenger with the whole JDate community.
Here’s how it works:
Whenever you send a message, you will have the option to send it as an AllAccess message or a standard message by checking the specified box. If you check the box and send it as an AllAccess message, we allow both subscriber and non-paying members to read and send a reply. We also guarantee it will be read or it won’t count against your monthly allotment.
In addition, with an AllAccess subscription, you can unlock the ability to initiate a chat (instant message) session with any JDate member. When you purchase an AllAccess subscription, you’ll receive 10 AllAccess messages a month for the given subscription term. Should you need more than 10 AllAccess messages in a given month, you may purchase an add-on message package. Unused AllAccess messages will roll over month to month.
The real difference is communication. You can, however, register for free and start browsing JDate’s Jewish singles right away! With a free membership, here’s what else you can do:
1. Post your own profile with up to 12 photos
2. Search the database filled with tens of thousands of Jewish singles
3. Send “Flirts”
4. Receive your Matches
5. See who has viewed your profile
6. Use our “Secret Admirer” game to show a member that he or she has caught your eye
7. Read and reply to AllAccess messages/Chats from members
8. Submit and answer questions in JDate’s Kibitz Corner
A paid subscription on JDate however, will give you more ways to enjoy your online Jewish dating experience to reap the results you want.
As a paid subscriber you will be able to:
1. Send and receive messages with other subscribers
2. Start a live Chat via Instant Message
You can also benefit from premium features like:
Spotlight Profile: Your Spotlight Profile appears at the top of the JDate page based on criteria you set, ensuring that Jewish men or women in your preferred age range and location can see you.
Highlight Profile: With an eye-catching Highlight Profile border, your JDate profile will really stand out! You’ll shine brighter in search results, matches and in the JDate photo gallery.
In addition to the free membership and the paid subscriptions, the AllAccess add-on allows you to:
1. Send AllAccess messages to any and all JDate members
2. Chat via Instant Messaging with any and all JDate members
Or if you didn’t find the answer you’re looking for, search here: