Finding recipes that serve one person is no easy feat! For solos looking for meal ideas that are portion-friendly and delicious, the Single Edition Just for One Recipe Collection is a long-awaited treat. Inspired by top food & celebrity chef Alan Coxon, the collection comes complete with 24 gourmet and quick main dish recipes, perfect for diners with a sophisticated palate as well as budding chefs!
The assortment of recipes focuses on fish and seafood to chicken, lamb and meats, and features classic dishes from around the globe. Standouts include the comforting One-Pan Chicken Cassoulet, fresh and flavorful Roast Tuna with Bacon, Thyme and Capers, simply delicious Maple and Mustard Glazed Salmon and succulent Italian Stuffed Pork Chops.
If you’re tired of take-out and leftovers, you’ll love the Single Edition Just for One Recipe Collection.
Here is one savory entrée for you to enjoy, courtesy of Chef Alan Coxon!
Roast Tuna with Bacon, Thyme and Capers
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 10 – 12 minutes
One tuna fillet (6-8 ounces)
2 tsp flour
1 tsp unsalted butter
2 slices of bacon, chopped
1 tbsp capers
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp red wine
1 tsp thyme leaves, chopped
1 tsp parsley chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400F
2. Season the tuna and then dust with the flour
3. Heat the butter in an oven friendly pan over high heat
4. Place the fish in the pan and heat until golden brown, then turn it over
5. Add the bacon to the pan followed by the capers.
6. Pour over the lemon juice and place in the oven
7. Cook for about 10 minutes; once cooked, remove the fish from the pan and keep it warm
8. Carefully return the pan to the heat and add the red wine, chopped thyme and parsley
9. Reduce the liquid and adjust the seasoning
10. Plate the fish, season to taste and pour over the sauce.