I love Passover and the relaxed pace of the holiday. It is a great time to visit with family and friends. It is also a week long food fest. It seems as though all we do is EAT. This light supper salad is easy on the waistline while still very satisfying and delicious.
You grill this delicious side dish or salad indoors or out. The lettuce gets a caramelized smoky-charred flavor. I like to grill lemon halves with it and present them with the lettuces on a platter with an attractive bowl of olive oil so everyone can dress their own.
2 heads of Romaine hearts, cut in half, washed and dried
2 heads red leaf lettuce, cored, cut in half, washed and dried
2 heads of Italian radicchio, cored and cut in half
2 lemons, cut in half
4 6-ounce skinless salmon or tuna filets
8 small New potatoes, quartered
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
Garnishes-sea salt, olives, cherry tomatoes, anchovy filets
- Preheat the grill to medium high or heat a grill pan over medium heat.
- Brush the lettuce, radicchio, lemon halves and fish filets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the lettuce, radicchio, lemons and fish filets cut side down in the pre-heated surface and grill for 5 minutes until the lettuces and radicchio are a bit charred and slightly limp.
- Add the fish filets and grill on each side about 5 minutes or until the fish feels slightly firm when pressed lightly.
- Remove the lemons when they are very dark brown (about 10-15 minutes).
- Transfer to a platter and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Garnish with olives, tomatoes and anchovies.