Let’s be real – it’s not all hearts and rainbows and unicorns when it comes to dating and relationships. In fact, hard times are inevitable. But hard times aren’t always going to stick around. The sun will come out. Until it does, we’ve found 15 of the best breakup quotes to help you wait out the storm.
Heartache Doesn’t Last Forever
The good news is that rough patches are temporary. While you’re in that low place, you think you’ll never get out of it, but you will. You absolutely will. And while there are a number of things to help you get through those tough times (matzo ball soup, anyone?), one activity that helps many is reading (and re-reading) inspirational quotes.
I’m not talking about the cheesy, overused ones like, “There are plenty of fish in the sea” or “You win some, you lose some.” No thanks. I’m talking about thought-provoking, conversation-starting quotes that will actually give you some peace and useful advice when your love life is on the rocks. Here are 15 breakup quotes to keep in mind the next time dating gets tough.
15 Of The Most Comforting Breakup Quotes
- “Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.”
- “I think it’s important to miss something, but not want it back.”
- “Starting today, I need to forget what’s gone, appreciate what still remains, and look forward to what’s coming next.”
- “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.”
- “If you repeat chapters, the ending will never change.”
- “If you’re searching for that one person who will change your life, take a look in the mirror.”
- “Trust the timing of your life. Everything is happening exactly when it should.”
- “Love without attachment is the purest love because it isn’t about what others can give you because you’re empty. It’s about what you can give others because you’re already full.”
- “Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have.”
- “One small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.” —unknown
- “Find your person who is going to embrace you exactly as you are, nutty and all, and never try to change that part of you.”
- “What consumes your mind controls your life.”
- “Stop waiting for Saturday, for fall, for someone to fall in love with you, for life. Happiness is achieved when you stop waiting for it and make the most of the moment you are in now.”
- “You either get bitter or you get better. It’s that simple. You either take what has been dealt to you and allow it to make you a better person, or you allow it to tear you down. The choice does not belong to fate, it belongs to you.”
- “Happiness, not in another place, but this place … not for another house, but this hour.”
Those are some of my personal favorites. If you feel like any of them resonate with you, write them down and refer back to them time and time again. As it’s been said, “This too shall pass,” so chin up, friends – it really will get better.
You may also be interested in The Top 10 Tips For Getting Get Over A Breakup