With thousands of members who are active every day, it’s easy to find people that spark your interest on JDate. But what if you want more people to find you? If your profile is just “blah” right now, don’t expect to get many bites. You’ll need to put a little extra effort into building a great JDate profile if you want to attract interest from promising potential matches. This handy guide will help you do it.
Pick Great Pics
A photo is just one element of your profile, but it might be the most important. That’s because a well-chosen pic can intrigue a potential match by catching their attention and making them want to learn more about you. Meanwhile, a poorly chosen photo can cause someone great to pass over your profile because it doesn’t spark any interest.
So how can you choose the right photo to showcase not only your best features but also something that helps you stand out? Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Avoid selfies. It’s tempting to try to perfect your look with a selfie, but you’ll inevitably end up with a photo that makes you look a little bit “fake.” A traditional photo has a more authentic look that’s way more interesting than your latest selfie snap.
- Make it a solo pic. Group pics are distracting. Other JDate users aren’t interested in seeing pics of your friends or family before they even know you. Crop your photos as needed to make it clear who your profile is about.
- Look for a natural smile: Your main profile photo needs to be a clear shot of your face with a natural smile. Don’t use a corporate headshot or other posed photo if possible. You can add more photos that feature different angles and activities; just make sure the main pic lets your personality shine through.
Flesh Out Your Profile
JDate makes it easy to add lots of detail to your profile, so leaving half of it blank is a big mistake. After all, that’s what someone is going to use to decide whether to initiate contact with you. To make a great first impression, take advantage of all the opportunities to showcase your personality and deliver interesting details about who you are. Here are a few ideas to help you get started:
- Include details about your hobbies, interests and goals to create a fuller picture of yourself online.
- Add a personal quote. It can be from a movie, a song, a celebrity or even an original from you. This is one of the new features from the recent JDate redesign.
- Write a paragraph or two about yourself that describes who you are and what you’re looking for. Don’t fall back on clichés to describe yourself. Instead, be honest and sincere, though you can also include lots of wit and humor if that’s your style!
Upgrade Your Membership
When it comes to making your profile stand out, there’s only so much you can do on your own. There are thousands and thousands of JDate members, so it might take a while for you to pop up on someone’s radar. However, there is one shortcut you can take. Upgrade to a premium membership today!
Ready to meet people on JDate? These quick and easy profile boosters will help you find people who are actually really great matches for you rather than just random members looking to chat. For more information, check out our FAQ page.