For those of you who aren’t familiar, Sweetest Day is a holiday that is celebrated primarily in parts of the Midwest and Northeast, on the third Sunday in October. Put simply, it’s similar to Valentine’s Day, in that it’s a day to share romantic expressions with someone special.
Sweetest Day is October 21, so it’s time to think about what you can do to celebrate. Even if you weren’t aware of this “holiday” previously, this might be a good year to surprise your partner and show them how much they mean to you.
Spice Up Sweetest Day
Holidays like Sweetest Day and Valentine’s Day can sometimes be thought of as “cheesy,” but they don’t have to be! In fact, you can make them really fun and special and not just another “Hallmark holiday.” So, here are some ideas on spicing things up this year for your Sweetest Day celebrations.
- Think outside the box. Try something you’ve never tried that might even scare you or your partner a bit. Indoor skydiving, for example, might be something totally out of the ordinary (and comfort zone) for you, but how fun would it be to do it with your special someone!
- Make a fancy feast. Make any dish a gourmet meal by pulling out all the stops. Pull out your fanciest china or plates, light all the candles, use the good silverware and make (or pick up) delicious, indulgent foods that you wouldn’t typically eat.
- Send a love note. Write him or her a special little note that expresses how you feel. It’s such a simple yet sweet gesture, and it’ll be a pleasant surprise for them to find in a pants pocket or bag.
- Serve breakfast in bed. Since it’s a Saturday, hopefully you both can relax a bit and make it a leisurely morning. Put together a nice little breakfast and let them sleep in and watch TV in bed.
- Be extra-affectionate. If you’re not a PDA person, maybe step outside of your comfort zone and show him or her a little extra PDA if you know they’ll like it. It’ll mean a lot to them that you’re doing something you don’t normally do just because it makes them happy.
Another Day For Love
At the end of the day, Sweetest Day just another day to remind the person you love how you really feel. Of course, you don’t need a holiday to do so, but days like Sweetest Day are a good reminder to always let your loved one know just how much they mean to you.
Do you celebrate Sweetest Day? If so, what do you do with your loved one for it? Let us know in the comments below what you’ll be doing this year.
Happy Sweetest Day to all! Sending lots of love your way.
You may also be interested in 6 Fall Date Ideas To Schedule With Your Sweetie ASAP