In a society that is geared towards couples, it’s tough at times to be single. Whether all your friends are dating, engaged or married, or you feel like you’re the only single person at all the weddings and events you attend, it can feel isolating. But being single has it’s upsides, too. If you think about it, there are many reasons being single and dating around is actually really, really great.
1. If you’re the token single person in your group of friends, any time a good catch is brought up, they’re going to think of you first in terms of a set-up.
2. When all your friends are coupled up and feeling a bit “bored,” you’re going to be the one they turn to for a fun night out.
3. You have your whole life to be coupled up and married; enjoy meeting and mingling with all the eligible suitors while you can.
4. With age comes wisdom, and the better you know yourself, the better you’ll understand the type of person you want to be with and the relationship you want to have.
5. The more potential partners you meet, the more you’ll know what it is that you’re looking for.
6. You’ll become good at being independent, which is a great quality to have, whether single or with someone.
7. You have no one to answer to but yourself. You want pizza for dinner? Go for it. You want to watch “The Bachelorette?” By all means, watch it all night long.
8. You don’t have to share the bathroom or the bed with anyone but yourself.
9. You can flirt with whomever you’d like without feeling an ounce of guilt.
10. Dating can be really, really fun! When you’re out on dates, you’re not just sitting at home on the couch wondering what you’re missing.
11. Being single means having more time for your friends.
12. You can pursue whatever goals you have in mind without worrying about neglecting a romantic partner.
13. You don’t have to split your time between multiple families; it’s all about your family.
14. You can be as selfish as you want, whenever you want. The world is your oyster; it’s all up to you.
15. You constantly get to experience the excited and hopeful feeling of eventually finding “the one.”
16. You can use all your past relationships and dating adventures as experience to make your future ones even better.
Quite simply, being single can be really great. It all starts with your mindset, of course. Think positively and avoid constantly thinking about when you’ll meet Mr. or Mrs. Right. When the time is right, it’ll happen, guaranteed. Though, it all starts with you. It starts with your outlook on life, on yourself, and on others. Take advantage of the fact that you’re single and dating around and meeting all these eligible suitors. Enjoy your life and have fun. For all the aforementioned reasons and more, being single can be a truly wonderful thing.
You may also be interested in 5 Things Your Married Friends Envy About Your Single Life